Grass, Your Health, and Your Cows’ Health
March 17, 2017
On Wednesday, April 12, 2017, the Organic Advisory Committee of the Dairy Farmers of Ontario will present a one-day symposium with the theme “Grass, Your Health, and Your Cows’ Health,” at the Perth East Recreation Complex, 40 Temperance Street in Milverton.
Topics of discussion will include:
- practical application of dairy grazing (Tim Prior);
- economics of different organic dairy production approaches (Rob Wallbridge); and
- “Grass, Your Health, and Your Cows’ Health” by Dr. Arden Nelson.
The day is intended for established, transitioning and interested livestock farmers.
The day will begin with registration at 9 a.m., followed by the presentations beginning at 10 a.m.
- an advance registration fee of $20 per person includes a catered hot lunch. Anyone wishing to attend is encouraged to register in advance in order for meal numbers to be firmed up with the caterer.
- without advance registration, the admission fee on the day of the Symposium is $30 per person.
- advance registration deadline is Friday, April 7, 2017.
- contact Marshall King of the Ontario Organic Farmers Cooperative – one of the co-sponsors of the Symposium – at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-767-9694, ext. 430.
Additional co-sponsors of the Symposium include Dairy Farmers of Ontario, Farm Credit Canada, Organic Meadow, Harmony Organic and Bio-Ag Consultants and Distributors Inc.
Click here for the agenda.